Monday 23 September 2013

Childhood Memories of Ramadhan


Assalammualaikum.

Hello guys. Looks like we meet again! So, for today as to celebrate Ramadan, I want to tell you all about my fasting time during my childhood. Actually I don’t really remember about how and when I start fasting but after I ask my mom about my childhood, I kind of remember few things.

My mom told me that I start fasting when my age are 7 years old but its kind of funny when I sahur at 8 am but I will start to eat at 3pm. Its like half of a day but at that time, I will tell all my family that I was fasting. I also will join my family to eat like I was fasting for the whole day. Not only that, I also will follow my dad to bazaar  to buy food because there are so many food that only have during ramadan such as bubur lambuk, murtabak, kebab and so on .

I also remember that my dad once told me and my brother that if we fasting for the whole day, each day we will get RM1. So, for one month I will get RM30. I was so excited and every day I will try not to eat or drink even though i feel very hungry and thirsty. I remember one time when my family is not at home and I sneaking eat because that time I feel really tired but I got caught by my parents. My dad said he will cut the money that I will get later on but during Eid Mubarak, I still got more than RM30 from my dad.

During my childhood, I prefer to sleep the whole day to avoid hungry and thirsty but just because I’m a girl, my mom will wake me up to help her at the kitchen. Lucky me that my mom is not interested on baking cake or cookies because for me it’s a lot of work to do. So my mom just told me to arrange the table and help her with the ingredience of the food. Only one reason I love fasting at that age is when my mom cook her own recipe like chicken rice, fried rice and other food.

That’s all about my memory of fasting when I’m childhood. Enjoy reading. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment